Actemium Portugal was responsible for the supply of the Telemetry and SCADA System for Doha North Sewerage Pumping Station.
The whole project calls for building a pumping station with a 900,000 cubic metres/day capacity and the laying of over 45 km of pipeline with a diameter of 1,600 millimetres. The station will be used to channel Doha’s wastewater to a treatment plant, 25 km to the north of the city.
Construction started in March 2009 and was finished on 2012.
Actemium Portugal participated as an EPC contract for the Supply of the Telemetry and SCADA
system including the following items:
· Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition situated in Administration Building Control Room.
· Screening Chamber Control Cabinet
· Lifting Station Train A Control Cabinet
· Lifting Station Train B Control Cabinet
· Forwarding Station Train A Control Cabinet
· Forwarding Station Train B Control Cabinet
· PS 70 Fibre Optic ring Switches, patch panels and ancillary equipment (Fibre optic cable out of scope of supply)
· Rising Mains Crossover Chambers RTU’s
· Rising Mains Fibre Optic and Power Supply link to RTU’s ancillary equipment (Fibre optic cable and power supply cable out of scope of supply)
The Supervision system was based on a SCADA system WinCC, connected to a GPS clock for time synchronization.
The Control Cabinets, each equipped with a colour touch screen, will be in redundant configuration. They will be supplied complete with all the necessary marshalling and protection barriers as applicable.
All the PLC and SCADA servers communicate through a SM Fibre Optic ring with switches, Scalance.
The communication to the Crossover chambers is also done with SM Fibre Optic ring.
The field equipment were connected through Fieldbus Foundation network and hardwired with or without Hart protocol.